Sustainability at Channel Futures / Informa Tech
We know sustainability is increasingly important to our attendees and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Running Channel Futures Leadership Summit gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impacts environmentally, socially and economically in our host cities. We want to make our event more responsible and play a role in helping our markets improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they want to help solve the big challenges in our sector.
Sustainability at Informa Tech has five key elements: people, communities, environment, customers, and governance. Being an ethical, sustainable business is central to how we behave, how we make decisions, and how we do business every day. At Informa Tech, our evolution of producing sustainable events is fueled by insight, innovation, and collaboration. We are proud of our commitment to having a positive environmental and social impact on both the communities and industries we work within.
Learn more about our sustainability programs below.
Sustainability Initiatives at Channel Futures Leadership Summit
- Collaborate with venues and general service contractors to compile data on the waste produced by events and electricity used. We partner with sustainability teams within Informa Tech to analyze the data and determine improvements from year to year
Signage will be printed on recyclable materials whenever possible or upgraded to digital signage
- We have eliminated printed surveys and plastic badge holders
- We will be using sustainable materials to produce lanyards for the event
- Use Energy Star rated projectors, monitors, and speakers, using LED lighting and encouraging the use of LED lighting for booths
- Our event will be powered 100% by renewable electricity through the purchase of RECs, greatly reducing our carbon footprint
- Partner with charitable organizations, and institute wellness initiatives
- Channel Partners & Channel Futures celebrate diversity, equity & inclusion in the channel while providing resources to organizations and individuals looking to advance workplace diversity
- A commitment to partnerships in the channel with support of organizations like Alliance of Channel Women, Xposure Inclusion & Diversity Council, and Telecom for Change.
- Partnering with local organizations to benefit the cities we host our events in. In 2023, we donated floral arrangements to the Lotus House, a large women and children's center in downtown Miami, and donated excess food from the event to a local, Miami food bank.
- Choosing partners who value sustainability like the Georgia World Congress Center.